Public Safety & Law

How do I get a protective order?

If you have been a victim of domestic violence and are interested in seeking a protect order you can find more information on the Mayor's Office on Criminal Justice's (MOCJ) web site. There are several organizations in Baltimore providing assistance to victims of domestic violence who can help navigate the process and provide additional resources. You can also visit the MOCJ web site to see a full list of organizations and their contact information. Here are two organizations from that list that can help:

  • Turnaround Inc. 443-279-0379
  • House of Ruth 410-889-7884
How do I compose/submit a victim impact statement?

Individuals who live in a community where a crime has occurred have the right to submit what are known as community impact statements, and the State's Attorney's Office strongly encourages community residents to exercise this important right.

City agency
State's Attorney